In response to growing demand for IoT development and support, M2M DataSmart has launched its IoT Development Lab for making the ‘concept-to-commercialization’ process easier in the SMB, Entrepreneurial Startup and OEM community. The DataSmart ‘DevLab’ will provide options for hardware and network services, along with application (development) support at a cost effective, one-stop shop experience for emerging IoT companies that need to build and test innovative solutions prior to carrier certification and commercial launch.
Creating a simpler, faster development-to-commercialization process will allow OEMs and IoT Developers to concentrate on selling and marketing their application and allow for reduced cycles around speed-to-market across their value chain. The DevLab will operate as a virtual environment where developers will have instant access to dedicated resources and real-time services without incurring the higher costs and resource requirements of traditional tier one carriers or IoT platform providers.
Additional DevLab partners will be announced in early Q1, with key elements of the lab to include the following services at launch:
- Available OEM hardware products for purchase to initiate development and provide continuity for hardware and platform support.
- Airtime products from legacy (2G/3G) to broadband (LTE) platforms, inclusive of service access and airtime usage.
- Dedicated front-end engineering support services, minimum 10-hour blocks (at a flat fee of $500.00) with scalable engineering support that includes:
- Carrier Interface & Pre-certification Support
- Hardware Antenna Testing Support
- Network Access & Firmware Support
- Commercial Logistics (Project-based) Support
- Access to M2M DataSmart Device & Data Management Portal for real-time data usage, monitoring, alerts, and network notifications.
The substantial growth of machine-to-machine solutions continues to drive developer interest and the need for smaller OEMs to be equally competitive with building quality products that can get to market quickly and drive revenues.
“As a long-time advocate in the emerging ‘Internet of Things’ community, DataSmart’s expertise in M2M brings a competitive differentiator for emerging OEMs and developers in today’s IoT market. With the addition of our experienced RF engineers, open-standard platform (middleware) resources and our robust network data & device management platform, M2M DataSmart will continue to be disruptive in IoT through accelerating the commercialization process,” said Marc A. Adams, Vice President for DataSmart.